Saturday 6 November 2010

Conducting my Questionnaire.

The reason in which i would like to conduct a questionnaire is simply because i want my selected audience to be able to tell me what they prefer out of the options i am giving them, in order for me to make my opening sequence just right. I could go ahead with my initial ideas, but they could possibly not be suitable for my 15-35 year old audience, therefore conductiong a questionaire with various questions including open and closed questions, will benefit me to enable the best ideas that would appeal to my audience.

I would like to find out the following:
- The typical storyline they expect a horror to have
- The type of music they wish to hear
- The importance of the location and the main character
- The titles they expect to see
- If they perfere to know the main plot instantly or to be left wondering
- What they find most intresting about horror films

Types of questions i am including within my questionnaire (open and closed):

Would you say it is more important to see the location of the film within the opening sequence or the main character? please explain your answer..
As you can see, this question is an open question, therefore it leaves the audience to be able to write what they wish, with the use of the line "please explain your answer" enables not only a striaght one word answer, but hopefully the audience will then explain why they think that so i can get a better understanding.

Another question which i will be asking is:
What type of music would you expect to hear in the opening sequence? (please circle your answer, or state what else if it is not listed)
-Slow
-Creepy
-Eerie
-Tense/creating suspence
-Upbeat and fast
-Classical
-Other
This type of question is a closed question, due to the fact there are options therefore there is no more too it. This type of question is benefical as the ideas which i have, will be narrowed down as only a few will be chosen, allowing myself to adapt to the thoughts of my audience.

I have decided to ask 15 15-35 year olds, mainly males but some females aswell, as they are my audience.

Below is my completed questionnaire:

No comments:

Post a Comment